Funny things that have been Insured
1. Singer Tom Jones insured his chest hair for $7 million.
Image, Flicker User: Georgio, Creative Commons 2.0
2. It is rumored that Jennifer Lopez insured her butt for millions, possibly billions of dollars. I'm not sure if there is any merit to this claim.
Image, Flickr User, manfrys, Creative Commons Sharealike
3. Bruce Springstein insured his voice for $6 million during the 1980's.
Image, Flickr User: brmaniaci Creative Commons No Derivative
4. Lord of the Dance star Michael Flatley insured his legs for $47 million.
Image, Flickr User: Irish Philadelphia Photo Essays, Creative Commons 2.0
Other Funny Insurance Policies
- An Australian cricket player took out a 6 figure insurance policy for his unique mustache
- A Nebraska car dealership bought a $1.5 million insurance policy after offering a $10,000 rebate to December car buyers if it snowed on Christmas.
- Food critic Egon Ronay insured his taste buds for $400,000 in 1957
- Keith Richards, guitarist for the Rolling Stones, insured his fingers
- Flamboyant Liberace insured his piano-playing hands.
- A man once tried to insure his daughter's virginity from Lloyd's of London, but was not offered a policy. Ouch.
- Heidi Klum had her legs insured.